Great Digital Approach to Zika Virus by Mayo Clinic #digitalhealth
This is one of the best updates from a hospital when it comes to the Zika virus. It comes from Mayo Clinic, and here is why it is works extremely well:
- It is simple!
- Dispels the myths
- Provides information in written and video form.
- It is sharable.
- It provides media outlets video content to download for use in broadcasts and online via the media section where they have to sign-in to download.
We are seeing more hospital leaders jump in front of the public discussion surrounding Zika Virus. Google Trends is continuing to show a large uptick in online conversation. Google Trends is also making it EXTREMELY easy to create a content plan. Google Trends lists for anyone to see the top five questions being searched online.
- What is Zika virus?
- Where is the Zika virus?
- Is Zika virus contagious?
- How long does Zika virus stay in your system?
- How is Zika virus spread?
It is also showing which cities in the US are bring the largest search for Zika Virus: https://g.co/trends/t8yo
Here are the top twenty cities with highest search on Zika Virus:
- Des Moines-Ames, IA
- Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, FL
- New York, NY
- Raleigh-Durham (Fayetteville), NC
- Wilmington, NC
- Washington, DC (Hagerstown MD)
- Seattle-Tacoma, WA
- West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce, FL
- Cedar Rapids-Waterloo-Iowa City & Dubuque, IA
- Columbus, OH
- Baltimore, MD
- Ft. Myers-Naples, FL
- Boston MA-Manchester, NH
- Charlotte, NC
- Omaha, NE
- Sioux City, IA
- Hartford & New Haven, CT
- Gainesville, FL
- Milwaukee, WI
It is important for hospitals to start embracing and empowering their communications departments to do the following when getting in-front of public health situations.
- Listen – Watch/Listen Social and Digital Trends
- Create – Create a content plan
- Roll Out – Distribute content to advocates that is accurate and transparent
- Quit Stressing – Stop the worry about what might be and focus on how to effectively empower your community with accurate information.