Bobby Rettew, MA
Partner / Social Health Institute
- Supports Joint Venture with Texas Hospital Association as a Strategist of THA Digital Marketing.
- Creator of Digital Health Mini MBA Program in Partnership with Clemson University’s Center for Corporate Learning.
- Serves as Executive Producer for touch*point media, a podcast network underwritten by Social Health Institute.
Chief Storyteller / Gray Digital Group
- Brand Journalist, Content Director and Storyteller serving clients across the Southeast of the United States and Texas.
Bobby Rettew is father of Rose, George and Henry; partner, friend, and husband to Sarah. Everywhere he goes, he carries a camera.
Bobby is an award winning storyteller, producer, and digital strategist with a accolades highlighting his academic and broadcast television career. He always has a camera with him capturing and telling stories, along with serving as a digital strategist for many healthcare organizations in South Carolina. Here is a list of a few of his awards:
- Six Regional Emmy Awards
- Twelve Regional Emmy Award Nominations
- Five Associated Press Awards
- SC PRSA of America Jupiter Award
- STC International Online Competition “Best of Show”
- IEEE George Hayhoe Award
- CHPRMS Golden Tusk Award & Silver Wallie Award
Advocacy & Public Policy – Storytelling
Bobby Rettew has been finding, capturing, writing, and telling stories of the uninsured, underinsured, victims of domestic violence since 2007. He has create numerous short documentaries advocating for changes in public policy relating to the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid Expansion in South Carolina, Mental Health and Mental Illness, and Domestic Violence. He has traveled all over North and South Carolina interviewing and telling stories of those that find themselves in the margins, victimized by lack of change in public policy.
Healthcare – Digital Strategy
Bobby has been serving as digital media and social media strategist and consultant for numerous healthcare organizations in South Carolina and Texas. His experience ranges from building a digital and social media strategies for regional, acute healthcare systems, hospital associations, and wellness organizations. Bobby has led large content strategies and digital advertising campaigns connecting content with statewide and regional audiences. Bobby leverages his storytelling and content development knowledge to create digital crisis communication strategies mitigating online conversations in real time.
– AnMed Health
– Cancer Treatment Centers of America
– Greenville Health System
– South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
– South Carolina Hospital Association
– St. Davids HealthCare
– Temple Health
– Texas Hospital Association
– YMCA of Greenville, SC
Bobby has a passion for small and medium non-profits that match his belief to build strong communities. He has been working with local non-profits to leverage their internal skills, resources, and capabilities; building strong storytelling and digital content initiatives from within the organization.
Academics – Teaching
Bobby has been teaching in higher education since 2007 where his graduate school mentor recruited him to give back in the classroom. He started teaching business writing and hybrid entrepreneurship on the undergraduate level. He was then recruited to teach on the graduate level when Clemson University launched their first MBA in Entrepreneurship and Innovation degree. He helped build and launch the Digital Marketing and Communications curriculum for this new degree program. He now leads Social and Digital Media Communications portion of the Mini MBA Program for Clemson’s Center for Corporate Learning. In 2015, he helped the Social Health Institute partner with Clemson University to launch the Digital Health Mini MBA Program with educational partner Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media.
Contact Me Below!